Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently when pulling onto the highway i heard a loud purge. Crawled under the pass side front bumper and find that the large hose going to my DV has dislodged. Plugged it back in and when pulling away pops off again. After installing some zip ties it has been good to go, except for the CEL/MIL that is now present. I scanned and got codes

P0456
P0171
P0441

I replaced the "main 4" small hoses with silicone hoses a while back, so i doubt it has anything to do with that. My gas cap seems to seat and seal well, never any issues at the emission station. No obvious hose breaks under the hood, i've replaced several if not all the one way valves on the engine. The N80 valve HAS NOT BEEN TOUCHED.

Any thoughts? Engine is running well, no new noises other than my blower motor for AC/Heat now whines a little bit. Gas mileage has been unaffected, no smoke or anything coming from the tail pipe.

Thanks
Keith

·
Wants to be TheFlipperGray
7,322 Posts
Clear the codes. The CEL came on when the DV hose popped off, so the issues might have been resolved when you put it back in place.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Replace the zip ties, put a proper hose clamp on, clear codes, problem solved.

My blower motor has a worn bearing (not completely wore out) and sounds loud at the 1 and 2 setting too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts