Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wandering what was a decent code reader for an 06 Passat 2.0t around $100. Just don't want to spend for Ross tech lol.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I am looking for the same answer. I have tried looking at older posts and can't seem to find anything other than people buying the cable off Amazon but I would rather not go that route.

I have a 01 Passat v6

Anyone??

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hello,
Search: Can OBD Code Reader. Shouldn't be hard to find something useful for less than $100. I paid about $20 for one several years ago. It reads and clears codes. You search for the code or look it up in Bentley. Simple as that.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
jwjenson,

What is the difference between that and one a VW mechanic would use. They say theirs are a few hundred dollars. If not more

Thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't know what the difference is. Autel is the manufacturer. Go to autel.us to see that they have a full line including units costing hundreds of dollars. I think the one sold on Amazon is a discontinued model being sold off inexpensively. You get what you pay for and in this case it tells you what the DTC is and you have to look it up on a table. It has just a small viewing window showing only the code. Handy to have in the glove compartment. Otherwise, I use my laptop with the Ross-Tech cable and software.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts