Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[rant]
I have a co-worker who thinks he knows everything about cars who loves Ford's, AMC's and Honda's and is constantly bashing VW but then turns around and talks about how he likes Audi!?

I've explained to him many times how my car is about as close to driving an A4 as you can get without owning an A4, how the engines in them are nearly identical, etc, and he continues to talk shit.

He likes to compare my car to cars way outside of its class and then tell me that its underpowered. When I point out the fact that if you compare the Passat to other cars in it's class it is plenty powerful.

MAKE HIM SHUT UP!!!
[/rant]

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2003 Ford Lightning SVT (daily)
1969 AMC Javelin (project car)

He used to drive a Civic Si as his daily.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Just tell him you slept with his wife last night, that should do it.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He as an SC on his truck, I can't remember if it's stock or not.

He's 26, unmarried and lives with his parents. I give him shit about that all the time but that gets old ;)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts

He's 26, unmarried and lives with his parents. I give him shit about that all the time but that gets old ;)
He's 26, unmarried and lives with his parents? I'd say you win by default. . . and if that's not enough I'd go with "I slept with your Mom last night." ;)

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
You: I just had sex with your mom in the back of your Gremlin!
Him: It's a 1969 Javelin!

You: Same difference. I still <insert crude reference to sexual intercourse> your mom. IDB.
Him: Bastard!

You: Don't get mad. She wasn't that good. And I think we broke the backseat in your Pinto.
Him: Javelin!

You: Whatever. And old P.O.S. by any other name ...is still an old P.O.S. But I shouldn't say things like that about your mom.

You: Oh yeah, your mom said you had to move out. Since she and I are going to be getting it on on a regular basis,we're going to turn your room into an S&M palace. With all the clamps, whips, chains and racks, there's really not going to be any place for a traditional bed. I guess you could sleep in the back of your Ranger pickup.
Him: It's an SVT Lightning!

You: Same difference. I still boinked your mom.
Him: Oh yeah? My dad would have kicked your ass!

You: Who the hell do you think was holding the video camera?

Okay, I'm done.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
You: I just had sex with your mom in the back of your Gremlin!
Him: It's a 1969 Javelin!

You: Same difference. I still <insert crude reference to sexual intercourse> your mom. IDB.
Him: Bastard!

You: Don't get mad. She wasn't that good. And I think we broke the backseat in your Pinto.
Him: Javelin!

You: Whatever. And old P.O.S. by any other name ...is still an old P.O.S. But I shouldn't say things like that about your mom.

You: Oh yeah, your mom said you had to move out. Since she and I are going to be getting it on on a regular basis,we're going to turn your room into an S&M palace. With all the clamps, whips, chains and racks, there's really not going to be any place for a traditional bed. I guess you could sleep in the back of your Ranger pickup.
Him: It's an SVT Lightning!

You: Same difference. I still boinked your mom.
Him: Oh yeah? My dad would have kicked your ass!

You: Who the hell do you think was holding the video camera?

Okay, I'm done.
ROFL ... wouldn't happen to be one of the writer for that twisted Nip/Tuck show would ya?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

i don't see what the big deal is with that. i certainly wouldn't have minded the free room and board, and i also wasn't ready to get married at that age.

and fyi, the SC is stock on the Lightning.

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
i don't see what the big deal is with that. i certainly wouldn't have minded the free room and board, and i also wasn't ready to get married at that age.
If he wants to live at home, fine. But he's gonna be doing it for a while, methinks. The idea behind living with your parents five years after college is over (I hope) is that you save on rent and can buy a place when you leave. If you pick up an over-priced, gas-guzzling truck *and* a "project" car, you're probably not putting anything away. Thus you never escape. Thus you will, one day, be overheard in your local drinking establishment trying to pick up a girl and having to convince her that "it's okay, my parents goto bed right after Matlock and they can sleep through anything."

I'm glad I was able to brighten a day or two here.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
He was in the process of building an AMX at one point, I think. I dunno I get confused with all that. I have a hard enough time trying to keep everything straight with modern VWs to allow 60s American hotrods to enter my brain.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts