Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,

I was on here about 10k ago talking about how I need to replace my clutch, and I had questions regarding what to buy.

I decided with the respected opinions of many here, and of those of people at Anderson Motorsport, and Carousel Automobiles in Minnesota, to replace the entire clutch system.

After spending over $1k on a new Flywheel, clutch disk, pressure plate, throw out bearing, and all new bolts and hardware, I am now at the same point I was before. My car is now unable to accelerate in 4th or 5th gear at anything above ¼ throttle without hellish slipping of the clutch.

This is with only 10k miles, and an extremely anal break-in of the parts installed. I am mad, and confused because the stock clutch lasted me 95,000 miles with no issues or slipping.

Has anybody else had this happen with their B5? Is their something I should do to prevent this on my next $1k Drop in the bucket?

Thanks for any help
MW
Chanhassen MN

00 Passat 1.8t APR chip, TT Exhaust, K&N with MN-Air box Mod.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure what is going on, I just would rather replace everything again and start from scratch. The person that installed it is a good respected mechanic at a local Audi Dealership in Minnesota. I trust his work, and was in the shop when he did it ( I was detailing and removing scratches from his BMW on the next hoist)..

Anyway, I have decided to get a "Sachs sport clutch" but can't seem to find anyone that has them in stock, or even has the ability to get them.

Were does the Audi and Passat public go for clutches?

Thanks again for any help..

G

·
Your best bet is HD sachs and aftermarket flywheel or oem flywheel, these guy are simply not telling the truth with these clutches! :mad:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you know were online to get a Sachs HD or performance clutch setup?

Thanks again,

Matt W

·
Registered
490 Posts
I got my sport sachs clutch for autotech about 3 or 4 months ago. I think I got the last one they had in stock, but maybe they can order you one. I used the stock flywheel resurfaced by south bend, they are one of the few places that have the special wheels to resurface a Passat clutch (so I am told). I am very pleased with the performance of myclutch set up. The engagement is smooth like stock but with noticably higher pedal pressure due to the increased clamping force of the sport pressure plate. Good luck with your next clutch.

Regards. Ray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.