Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 v6 manual wagon with +-90k. Brutally lowered with KW coils.

First thing I noticed was the clutch pedal slowly getting lower and lower to the floor when fully released. Besides the pitch getting shorter, it seems to work fine, no slipping at all. It now sits a couple inches closer to the floor than the other pedals.

I am also getting a couple other things that may or may not relate to the clutch. It started out as a vibration under acceleration, getting worse over about a month or so. Now it is also starting to clunk when pressing or releasing the gas while the clutch is released. It also clunks when moving from a stop, although I can regulate this with the clutch.

I am thinking it is a motor mount causing the clunking and vibrating, and maybe the engines movement has caused the clutch to come out of alignment?? I am unsure where to start, which mount to check, etc.

I also just had my oil pan replaced after slamming the ground recently. Although the problems were starting before this, I am sure this wasn't exactly good for the motor mounts....

Questions? Does my theory sound right? Where would you guys start?

· Registered
2,199 Posts
I would suspect the mounts on the clunking as well. Take a look at the snub mount, and make sure that the left and right mounts aren't bleeding purple fluid.

As for the clutch pedal sinking, it has nothing to do with any alignment, as this is a hydraulic clutch. My first suspicion is a bad clutch master cylinder, or a leaking clutch hydraulic system. The clutch system uses the brake master cylinder reservoir as a common reservoir. Is the level going down?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.