Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my friend Don called me up and asked me to ride down to Route-28 and check out this Brabus C32. The Brabus car was a beast, but it got crushed by this lightly modified Vette. I tend to keep my fun on the track, but these arrogant jokers were talking trash and throwing around $$$$. The Vette driver saw I was driving my W8 and started laughing his ass off. I think his friend recognized me from VIR and then the whispering and side bets started rolling. Then it was on, I drove home and filled up the E55 and came back to the strip. My friend Don, also drove home and came back with an unbadged Kleemann CLK55.

I baited this poor sap in a Porsche 911C4 who wanted to race my E55. Needless to say, he broke off after I was 2 car lengths ahead of him on 1/2 mile run. Then Don threw me the keys and it was time to shut the Vette owner up. I asked the driver if he was spraying or if his car was an LPE or Calloway, and he didn't reply. I then smiled and said, your loss my money. When we pulled to the line, the Vette owner's friend told him not to do it because the CLK had a strange exhaust note. When he took off, Don and I walked him down like Dirty Harry chasing down a crippled junkie! :shock: The Vette's torque shuddered at around 3rd gear, and we killed him in 1/2 mile. When we turned around to dropped jaws, a few kids and adults walked over to our car. I told Don to open up the hood, and people gasped to see a Cobalt-Blue Kleemann manifold on the Benz. Who would have ever guessed that a Mercedes Benz is pumping out 590HP with over 630Lbs of torque. I can't wait to send my E55 off to Colorado Springs to get this work done!!

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
I walked him down like Dirty Harry chasing down a crippled junkie! :shock:
:lol:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
so.. when you gonna be shipping the E55? im thinkin im gonna have to "intercept" the car while its in transport.. :lol:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I love a benz story. I'm surprised he ripped that C32 though... I like Brabus, but right now I'm looking into something amg....

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Will, PES is now a Kleeman distributor if you want to keep it closer to home... The CLK430 package is rated at 430hp so I can imagine what the E55 is, in the 575 neighborhood I believe... To start.. :D

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
hey, whered you race? id like to check out that modded MB. dyno day and umcp was pretty neat, had a few nice cars up there, Rice Boy made it down, and i also saw a black b5.5 iwth a 20V emblem on the back.

¤Daniel

·
Registered
667 Posts
Will, let me know when you will be down at VIR again. Id like to check out your rides. Im not too far away from there and wouldnt mind coming down and watching a few hot laps.

Oh yeah, in case you dont remember, I met you on 495 when we were in bumper to bumper traffic, you had your V6 4mo then. :thumbup: I was in the White B5.5.

big byrd

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
VWGUY4EVER said:
Will, PES is now a Kleeman distributor if you want to keep it closer to home... The CLK430 package is rated at 430hp so I can imagine what the E55 is, in the 575 neighborhood I believe... To start.. :D
I heard PES started doing Kleemann work but the car is going to be shipped off as soon as the parts arrive from Germany. I saw a StageIII 996 that PES did and it's a monster but I think I'm going to have the Colo Springs crew do my initial install and drive up to Ivyland for service. :D The kit for the W211 E-Class hasn't arrived in the U.S. yet, but I heard it's very close to 600HP!! I'll be in New York next weekend, so maybe I can creep by the dealership to say hi bro..

Peace and blessings..

Will

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RRL said:
I love a benz story. I'm surprised he ripped that C32 though... I like Brabus, but right now I'm looking into something amg....
Brabus has a nice setup for the AMG C32 (W203 model). They have a 430HP sleeper in that little car which would be a nice track car if the suspension were just right. There's a huge Mercedes Benz crew in the DC Metro with some really sick rides. My friend Don's CLK55 has Kleemann engine-work with Brabus exhaust and Renntech suspension/brakes upgrades. I wasn't a huge fan of Brembo brakes but now I am an advocate. Stopping that little rocket in a straight line from 130 was two 3 second taps! :shock:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Swami - who does your work in Colorado Springs? I used to live out there and have someone I'd like to send their way.

Also - what do you run at VIR? Will you be there for G&W in December?

BTW congrats on the kills, you need to put the silhouettes on your door :lol:

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
must be nice to have money :lol:

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
The Swami said:
Brabus has a nice setup for the AMG C32 (W203 model). They have a 430HP sleeper in that little car which would be a nice track car if the suspension were just right.
It would, if they swapped in a manual transmission from Europe... :mad:

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
filthy90 said:
Swami - who does your work in Colorado Springs? I used to live out there and have someone I'd like to send their way.

Also - what do you run at VIR? Will you be there for G&W in December?

BTW congrats on the kills, you need to put the silhouettes on your door :lol:
I'm having the car done by Kleemann-USA which is in Colo Springs. I wanted to have the car shipped over with the work already done but it would have been a huge pain, and would have delayed delivery from MBUSA.

I will be at G&W this year and hopefully I'll be driving a GTS-R this season if my sponsor comes through, but I may start working on a CLK430 that I bought at auction. I've been on a workout frenzy to drop a few pounds so I can move back into TransAM class full time!!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Vile Vette got vanquished by the Meister Mercedes. :wink:
New nickname = "Dirty Swami" :D

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
sounds cool, but automatics just don't stir my mind. that being said, i've never felt that much power in a car.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
When we pulled to the line, the Vette owner's friend told him not to do it because the CLK had a strange exhaust note :lol:

·
Registered
311 Posts
The Swami said:
RRL said:
Brabus has a nice setup for the AMG C32 (W203 model). They have a 430HP sleeper in that little car which would be a nice track car if the suspension were just right. There's a huge Mercedes Benz crew in the DC Metro with some really sick rides. My friend Don's CLK55 has Kleemann engine-work with Brabus exhaust and Renntech suspension/brakes upgrades. I wasn't a huge fan of Brembo brakes but now I am an advocate. Stopping that little rocket in a straight line from 130 was two 3 second taps! :shock:

I get out to Md/DC/Va area pretty often. Hit me w/ an email or private message, I'd love to come out and see you guys do your thing. My project car right now is an 86 GTi w/ a few mods. I'm doing everything myself, I'd love to learn a thing or 2...

Hopefully y'all do more than spend money for performace...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts