Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I would guess so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BfNqhV5hg4

I'm no CBS news fan but this was a good report...rather amusing.

More:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23789011
Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign said she "misspoke" when saying last week she had landed under sniper fire during a trip to Bosnia as first lady in March 1996. She later characterized the episode as a "misstatement" and a "minor blip."
Really? A misstatement? Let me go back and watch that video again... :lol:

And she wonders why she lost so much ground.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
"... we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicle ..." {while chuckling with sliding hand motion} :lol: :lol: ... I smell desperation!

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is McCain paying you for advertisement or something? :hmmm:
You mean Obama? It's his camp that is raising the issue. I just simply found the video report calling out her bold faced lie to be hilarious.

Who gives a shit, they all did LOT wrong (we all do). No need to dwell on it, pick the loser you want and hope it counts.
You absolutely crack me up, especially when it comes to politics.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Apparently one of our newly appointed mod did & reposted (then deleted :lol:) this shit over in the OT.

PT, you need to get a clue. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I Think this deserves a turn, she needs to explain. I see it as a lie.
And why (not that I really care at all)? What was the purpose in doing so? It just seems like such a silly thing to make up a story about. The only thing it could've possibly done is backfire. As vuvision eluded to...is she that desperate? But to call it a misstatement is pretty much a lie about the lie.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
Everyones onion will get peeled. This morning I heard a story about Obama who talked about a speech he made during his senatorial campaign. Funny thing was he made the speech in October but declared his candidacy 3-4 months later.:crazy::crazy::crazy: How could that happen?

Like everyone these candidates make lots of mistakes and there are many webpages which track each of them. YOU have to decide if the mistake is important or not to you. I'm not sure there are absolute calls here.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everyones onion will get peeled. This morning I heard a story about Obama who talked about a speech he made during his senatorial campaign. Funny thing was he made the speech in October but declared his candidacy 3-4 months later.:crazy::crazy::crazy: How could that happen?

Like everyone these candidates make lots of mistakes and there are many webpages which track each of them. YOU have to decide if the mistake is important or not to you. I'm not sure there are absolute calls here.
Getting a date on a calendar (i.e. a timeline) wrong, especially for a speech, is quite a bit different than making up a story about how you were ducking sniper fire and running straight to their car, don't you think? Certainly, different than your run of the mill mistake.

Ultimately, this will probably have little impact on her run at the Democratic nomination (she will not get it...she is no longer a media darling). In the meantime, it's amusing to watch.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NEWSFLASH everyone: Politicians lie

:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

OHH SNAP!!!!!
And the hypocricy of pt makes yet another appearance. Bravo!

(I forgot where I was...you only criticize or feign anger for those that don't have a 'D' behind their name. :) )

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
Getting a date on a calendar (i.e. a timeline) wrong, especially for a speech, is quite a bit different than making up a story about how you were ducking sniper fire and running straight to their car, don't you think? Certainly, different than your run of the mill mistake.
For many famous people running through sniper fire is probably more preferable to paprazzi gauntlets.;)

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
#1 It's spelled Hypocrisy

#2 You should be more concerned about our government lying to us TODAY rather then future president BS Campaign "bring shit from the past" CRAP.

Hypocrisy I tell ya.....
Holy Christ! YOU, of all people, are now the grammar police too?! :lol: I think I just pissed all over myself from laughing so hard. Is there a crack in the space/time continuum?!

But thanks for illustrating my point so well. You never let me down in that respect.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I put a sticker over yours and Sciteach's name I would have no clue which one is which.
That's OK, I was going to put a picture of a rock over yours but I didn't want to insult the intelligence of the rock.

As for spelling, you dam right I will correct a spelling police of the forum.
P.S., it's spelled "damn", not dam....and the proper use of you in this case would be "you're" or "you are". The rest of your sentence is your usual drivel. So, you may want to lay off the spelling corrections. Silly rabbit.

Back on topic.

·
Registered
15,829 Posts
What were the circumstances under which you made this statement? The CBS News story shows her at a podium, but was that part of her speech or did someone ask a question and she just told a story, and overdramatized?

Yeah, it was a stupid gaffe, the question is whether she outright lied or embellished.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts