Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a problem:

I have a 99 v6 passat and when I turn it on, the climatronic screen starts blinking and it stops like in 2 minutes
The car also doesn't colds anything it needs a gas charge but the guey that is puting the gas charge told me thet that's another problem can anyone please tell me?

Thanks ;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
My car did something similar a couple years ago after dealer service of the a/c. The gas pressure was too high - dealer put too much gas into the system. All was OK after dealer reduced the gas pressure.

·
Registered
432 Posts
No display problem before the recharge - just wasn't cooling properly. Display problem started immediately after gas recharge. Cooling was OK after finally reducing the recharge pressure and the display blinking problem has never happened again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hmm, this is handy to know. Makes sense though, Climatronic has it's own diagnosis function so it must be aware when there's a problem with the gas pressure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yesterday they were finding if there was any lack or leack of air and put some air into the a/c lines and the climatronic stopped blinking I think that this thing advices if theire's any problem that's why

·
Registered
30 Posts
Definitely have a problem - all VW Climatronics blink on startup if there is a fault code. If it all atually functions correctly, my guess would be a sticky flap motor. Get it VAG-Comd - if it is just a flap, dont worry too much about it.

You can actually search the forums for a climatronics 'secrets' - hold down recirc and up temp (or something) which puts it into diagnostics mode just for the climatronic system - your web search will also provide you with a list of fault codes - so you could even check it out yourself if you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts