Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2004 1.9tdi Passat estate.
The Climatronic system keeps blowing fuse 5.
If I unplug the red connector it mostly works without blowing the fuse. But I have no illumination on the Climatronic unit. But I thought the illumination for the unit was on another of the four plugs.

i can plug in the red plug and all is fine until the engine is running then the fuse blows.
Weird I know.

Anyone know what the pin outs are on the Climatronic unit for a b5.5 2004 tdi Passat estate

thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just a suggestion, but maybe think about the issue the other way... track down the bentley wiring diagram, find the fuse and work yourself backward through all components that fuse is associated with. That will allow you to find out exactly which circuits on the climatronic the offending fuse is associated with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
As I mentioned your other thread on this topic, the pinouts are in the Bentley manual.
The red connector is mostly feedback, but it also includes the Comfort Canbus--I suspect that's why there are no lights on the Climatronic. I believe the dimmer value is transmitted over Canbus, rather than over a discrete wire (but I didn't check thoroughly).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts