Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed recently that the Climatronic in my '04 will start to heat the cabin when I first get in, BEFORE the engine is warm. I don't remember it doing this when the car was newer. I was in an accident and ever since the accident is does this. Now, the outside temp is only about 40F and the inside is set to 71F. Of course I have it set on "AUTO". Should it be doing this? I thought it only turned on the heat when the engine was warm.

:???:

Chris.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Are you saying it is blowing warm air into the cabin before the engine is warm? I don't see how it can do this. Is it blowing any air into the cabin before warm, or does it just sound like it is blowing air into the cabin?

My Climatronic sounds like it is blowing air, but isn't really do so, until the engine is warmed up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 10 week young 2004, so I assume that its functioning normally. My experience this winter is that when I start the car the climatronic fan, in auto mode, comes on immediately but at a low setting (two bars). Once the eninge warms the fan speeds up (four or five bars) until the cabin reaches the desired temperature. So yes, it begins to circulate air before the enging is warm but doesn't do so in earnest.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zeitgeist said:
I have a 10 week young 2004, so I assume that its functioning normally. My experience this winter is that when I start the car the climatronic fan, in auto mode, comes on immediately but at a low setting (two bars). Once the eninge warms the fan speeds up (four or five bars) until the cabin reaches the desired temperature. So yes, it begins to circulate air before the enging is warm but doesn't do so in earnest.
Thats exactly what its doing. Its coming at a low speed (2 or 3 bars) and blowing cold air through the windshield register. Once, the engine warms up, the warm air starts coming through the floor registers and at a higher speed (4 bars and up). I just wanted to make sure my system was acting normally.

Thanks,
Chris.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
passatdream
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing