Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back to blowing a fuse again. And this time i can't find what's causing it. I'm thinking it may be the climatronic unit itself.

SO

I wanted to know if i could just buy the manual A/C control knobs and pop them in in place of the climatronic unit or if it would require some hardcore wiring.... Thanks in advance for any and all responses =)

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Unfortunately swapping from either system is a bit involved... the climatronic cars have quite a few flapper motors and wiring. I believe the manual controls are changed via cables attached to the back of the control unit and attach to the flaps.

I'm sure the swap can be done, but I wouldn't consider it an easy one. The dash will need to come out for accessing things and the list of parts needed is going to be quite extensive.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok well in that case. What is all controlled by fuse #5. I've found a short that i fixed a couple of months ago and now i have something else just sending fuse #5 blowing once i turn the ignition switch.

Can any of the relays involved in powering climatronic or related units cause fuse #5 to blow or anything of that nature???

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also, could the visor still be the issue even though you don't have homelink?? could it be relay 384?? HELP PLEASE...i'm at wits end about to take the car to the dealer =/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts