Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:???:
hi everyone.i am a b5 virgin from the uk.i have had my 2000 1.8t 2 months now love it more than playin pool.i cant get the settings right for my heating if i am in it by myself no probs but if wife n kids are in the car steams up sright away. please help. also need to know which oil to use for my oil change.
totally stock car apart from a jr panel filter also a chrome de-badged front grill.hope to get the new milltek system as soon as it is out here.
cheers.
p.s great site. :) :lol:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Occasionally when I can't combat the steam on the inside of the window with defrost and no recirculation (econ setting), I will roll the rear windows down just less than an inch. That seems to help most of the time.

Welcome to the site! :beer:

·
Registered
175 Posts
run the defrost...I also hit the AC also..that dries out the air inside the car...also, close the top middle dash vents...that forces more air thru the defrost and side window vents...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Make sure your AC is not set at internal circulation - that makes your windows fog up way faster because of moisture difference compared to outside.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the quick responses i had my window don an inch but as you all know its a bit cold here in england 8) also how do you run the defrost? :???: again thank you all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
mosconiuk man
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing