Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

On Friday, I got the Clifford Security System w/ Remote Start RS 3.5 installed (same as VIPER 791 XV or Python 581XP). I have one issue that I cannot seem to solve. Whenever I get out the car and arm the security system using the lock button on the 2 way responder it doesn't lock the doors and I have to use the factory door lock button on the factory remote to lock the doors. Is there anyway that I can have the 2 way responder lock the doors instead of having to use the factory door lock button on the factory remote?

Also what I find puzzling is that when I try to use the door lock switch in the door panel of the car it locks all the doors except the driver's door, and that only happens when the security system is unarmed.

Thanks for the help,

Pippen

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
Weird. I won'der if they tapped the door locks correctly. I'd take it back to the installer and have it looked at. Being a Clifford dealer they have access to DEI's incredibly informative wiring database so they should be able to figure it out. Worst case is they have to call DEI tech support. It should be resolved quickly in either case.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yep, I'd go with that... my installer had two goes to find the right wires - if he gets it right you'll also get the factory deadlocks to activate, which you don't get if he uses the wires which go to the internal central locking switch in the drivers door.

You'll probably find the VW alarm will arm as well, as it's all in the same convenience module. You can overcome this by programming the Clifford for 'double locking' which effectively arms then disarms the VW alarm, but still retains the locking and deadlocking.

If you don't do this and remote start, the VW alarm won't like you :lol: :lol: :lol:

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
achow
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing