Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99V6 GLS: Codes I can't clear.

00943 - Heated Exterior Mirror: Driver Side (Z4)
35-10 - - - Intermittent

No idea what to do for that one; it doesn't freeze up enough here for me to know if the mirror heater is working or not.

00912 - Window Regulator Switch: Front Left (E40)
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

This one is rather interesting; I know *something* is wrong here because the window sometimes makes a "click", pause, "click" sound when I try to lower it. Usually hitting the button again will cause the window to go down.

00934 - Electric Window Motor: Rear Left (V26)
62-10 - No or Incorrect Adjustment - Intermittent

No clue; the window works fine as far as I know.

00856 - Radio Antenna
36-00 - Open Circuit

I've pulled the radio, unplugged and reseated the antenna cable. Code persists and the reception is pretty poor. Stock antenna firmly attached. I'm wondering if there are any other connectors that I can check?

Anyway, TIA. I know this is a big shopping list; hopefully someone recognizes at least one of these codes . :bow:

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
1 - the heating element in the glass is burned out. You most likely left the switch in the middle where it's always on. I would not worry about this in LV.

2 & 3 - you may want to take WD-40 and grease the felt covered window channels in the doors. It may solve the codes. Sometimes if they are too dry they trigger the anti-pinch protection and reverse the window, or they are just on the threshold and the motor is getting stressed which triggers the codes. OTOH you may just have window regulators going slowly bad. That's not unknown in VW world. I think there is silent extended warranty on the regulators.

4 - I bet your FM is weak and AM non-existent. The code indicate that the coax cable connector on passenger side under the carpet is rusted and non-conductive. This is very common occurence in 98 & 99 cars. VW got rid of the connector in later years. Only solution is to replace the coax cable which is PITA.
It may also be that the gasket under the FUBA cracked and the FUBA shorted. Solution to that is to replace the base of the FUBA and install new gasket.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you may want to take WD-40 and grease the felt covered window channels in the doors....Sometimes if they are too dry they trigger the anti-pinch protection
Will do. It's 110F+ each day during the summer (already 100 deg now); the heat has probably dried them out. Hopefully this will help with the minor window rattles.

I bet your FM is weak and AM non-existent.
That guess was right on the money. The connector may be just loose or slightly oxidized; there's really no real rust issues in Vegas.. :) I reseated the connection behind the radio already so I'll check the areas you mentioned. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Boris said:
It may also be that the gasket under the FUBA cracked and the FUBA shorted. Solution to that is to replace the base of the FUBA and install new gasket.
Boris - The FUBA is supposed to short at the base, that's where it gets it's ground unless VW did something different than every other masted (i.e. not an in-window) antenna on the planet.

Paul :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.