Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad just bought a new RS6 on 7/3/04. He is considering a 3M clear bra on it to help save the paint. He is concerned with longevity of the paint and the bra itself. Does anyone have one on their car and if so what is your opinion?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Do it

I put it on my wife's 02 GLS 1.8T wagon and I like it so much, I plan to put it on all my future cars. It's been on for about 2 years and it hasn't peel, shifted, yellowed, or otherwise changed in any noticeable way. It has done a great job protecting the paint and lights.

It took me a long time to install, but if your Dad can afford an RS6, he can afford to have it installed.

Do a search for "XPel" or "X-Pel" on www.autopia.org for more info.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I know that a fellow B5'er "BWdennis" has a clear bra on his B5. You can try private messaging him to ask about it. You can find his profile in the Canada forum.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a clear bra on my hood ans 2 wings.
About 8 inches wide.
It is a 2001.5 and the bra is not yellow.
But then again my car is Mojave Beige...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have clear "Stonegard" on every bit of front and side exposure that could get abrasion from debris or blowing sand. I also have it under the door handles, on the door edges, and on the rear bumper of my '03 Variant. I sometimes drive in Florida, the land of insects, and have never had a problem cleaning them off. On the highway I have yet to have a stone penetrate it. It is as clear as when new; it is still "seamless"; and I had it professionally installed. I wax right over it just like the rest of the car, lights included. No yellowing or streaking.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Clear bra's from the dealer can be very pricey, I had occasion to meet a guy who ran a clear bra franchise, and he targets all the marque dealers in the area... benz bmw audi jag..he is making a killing, dealer cost is like 3 benji's they retail for 450 and up round here...a few detail shops are starting to do em, as well as car stereo shops too. in a few months kits will be avail from ECS and the like...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.