Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kenwood car audio amps. All (4) of these amps I purchased brand new before year 2000.
The KAC-823 amps were used in my car to power the whole system front and rear doors with no subs.
I then added the KAC-927's.
One of the KAC-927amps was used to drive all the tweeters, the second KAC-927 was used to drive all the mids, and then both the KAC-823's were bridged, one to power the left sub and other to power the right sub.
This system was insanely loud with no audible distortion. So loud that my wife would get severe headaches and sick to her stomach. Anybody who is into high end audio knows what I'm talking about.
All my a/d/s speakers were being powered by these (4) amps. I have since collected much better components and more of them.
It's time to let this stuff go.

KAC-823's top of picture, KAC-927's bottom of picture

1) Kenwood amps KAC-823 - 2 channel, 70wpc. I have 2 of these. $150 each - Buyer pays shipping.
Special note: These amps were part of my 1st stage install in my '98 Mecury Mystique which I purchased brand new. My car was stolen and later recovered with the sound system completely ripped out of the car.
Through sheer good fortune I was able to recover the car and all of my audio gear. However these amplifiers were tossed around a bit and have some minor battle scars on them, and the screws that clamp all the
wires down have slight damage to them. At his point in time I did a full rebuild of the audio system (in the same car) and then added (2) more Kenwood KAC-927 amps listed below.

Kenwood KAC-823 PDF Owner's Manual Download & Preview

Pics of the KAC-823's

2) Kenwood amps KAC-927 - 2 channel, 125wpc. I have 2 of these. These amps are in absolute mint condition. $275 each - Buyer pays shipping.

KENWOOD KAC-827 USER MANUAL Pdf Download.

Pics of the KAC-927's

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gone -
Mods, please lock this thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.