Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clay,

I saw the Mille Miglia Evo-5 on the tirerack website just last week, but can't seem to find them for my 2001.5 Passat now. Are you guys no longer carrying them for the B5.5?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Clay. I'm on the fence between the Evo-5 and the ASA AR1. What are your thoughts on these wheels (quality, finish, etc)? I really like them both. Now I've just got to get my wife to get on the fence with me. :D Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Both are very well made wheels with a good finish. We don't have to much trouble with either brand. The AR1's look pretty sweet on the Passat. If it were my car I would choose that one, but it's not my car. Quality-wise you will be happy with both. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
What size are thinking about getting, 17, 18? I'm also checking out those two wheels. I wouldn't mind another opinion from a Virginian.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was considering 17" for a while, but after seeing Bleser's ride with the 18" AR1 wheels. . .I think I'm going to have to go with 18". I have only seen the Evo-5 wheels in person on an Audi TT, they looked great. For me both wheels have equal aesthetic appeal, but the AR1 are considerably lighter, so I'll probably go with those.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Have you looked at the Flik Wasps at Edgeracing.com? They look exactly like AR1, but I haven't been able to find any other photos of them to get a good look at the finish on the Wasps.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
They were out of stock but are back in stock now. We are in the process of adding them back on the website. Let me know if you want to order them.
Clay, are you able to provide any discount on the 18x8 AR1's?
I've just about used up my stock 16 tires, so I can almost justify the upgrade to my wifey.
Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
[email protected]
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing