Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

On June 16, 2011 at 11:30 AM EST, BMW will start taking orders for the car you see here, the 2011 Frozen Black Edition M3 Coupe. Only 20 examples will be produced, with the first 19 being sold on a first come, first serve basis to anyone willing to plunk down $79,650. BMW North America will hold on to the 20th car (you know, for auto shows and such), though it may be sold on a later date.

So, what does nearly $80,000 net you? Obviously, all the grace and glory of the M3 Coupe, complete with its 4.0-liter, 414-horsepower V8. The Frozen Black coupes will only be available with the M DCT dual-clutch transmission, which lowers the 0-60 time from 4.7 seconds to 4.5.

All 20 coupes will be fitted with BMW's M3 Competition Package, not to mention optional goodies like the full premium and convenience packages, as well as things like heated seats, satellite radio and a premium sound system. In addition to the Frozen Black paint, this special M3 is set apart from its kin with black Novillo leather with red contrast stitching, M3 GTS wheels (painted black, of course), red brake calipers and a whole lot of other sinister design touches.

For the full list of Frozen Black M3 equipment, hit the jump for BMW's official press release. Customers will be able to take delivery of their cars starting at the end of June, with the full production run to be completed by the end of July.

2011 BMW M3 Frozen Black Edition hits the U.S., only 20 examples to be produced — Autoblog

I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers, that much you can be certain of...

:lol:

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,883 Posts
again with the wrong fourm. sheesh.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I'd drive it. :)

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I'd hit it, but the non-matte black rims with the matte black body bugs me.

·
Registered
675 Posts
This one looks pretty good, still, BMW completely lost it's appeal to me in the past few generations. Not from the performance perspective, but just overall appeal.

Maybe my subconscious is just making excuses for not having a new 7-series by now though.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
The wheels look matte to me.

Strange that the base of the side mirrors are glossy while the mirrors are matte -- it's usually the other way around on other cars.

The 3-series is looking long in the tooth, but this one is nice. Just lose the orange in the side markers and headlights.

·
needs more cowbell
5,945 Posts
i'm digging the stitching on the steering wheel a lot. very nice, subtle touch.

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
Love the interior but the outside does nothing for me. Strange thing is, I like the M3 body AND I like matte black finishes.

It needs moar lower!

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
What does the toggle switch do on the seat back? Power headrests?:crazy:

$80K for an ugly car.:thumbdown

·
rockin the nasty azz exhaust tips yo!!
1,526 Posts
Interior of the doors look horrible, especially the speaker location. :puke:
To much black on the outside. Maybe the wheels a different color??
Stupid orange side markers.
To much red sticking in the interior.
I really love matte black finishes but not on this car. Dark metallic red or maybe a dark matte red but not just solid black.

Inside and out it just seems to be trying way to hard.
:thumbdown

1 - 20 of 24 Posts