Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Every single platform they made has been called an E-something. Each prototype in between every generation gets it's own E designation, that's why there's so many gaps. A few of the ones I know off the top of my head:

E12 - 2002's
E30 - 80's 3-Series
E34 - 88-94 5-Series
E36 - 92-99 3-Series
E46 - 00-? 3-Series

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Well I've been trying to sketch up something better but I really can't, so I guess I like it. It's definitely different but its not painful to look at. A much nicer, more conservative, german, design than the 5 series at least.

-Wapptor

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yeah, I think this one seems pretty good, the rear end just has different shaped taillights, nothing radical like the 7-series rear end, and there's none of that weird muscular curves on the body.

The only bad thing I noticed is how from this angle it looks like another one of those Bangle-body molds, but in most of the other pictures you can see that it's parallel to the ground.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Yeah, overall I think its fine, just different. There's no hideous lines; it'll just take some getting used to it since we're all so in love with the E46 for now. It def. has some potential too, for mods that is :lol:

-Wapptor

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
ugly...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.