Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It's been endlessly teased and occasionally spied, and now it's official: the 2011 Chrysler 300 has arrived ahead of its world debut at the Detroit Auto Show next month.

As we've seen before, the exterior of the 300 is even more audacious than it's predecessor, thanks to the liberal application of chrome below the headlamps, on the grille, coating the side mirrors and partially framing the tail lights and trunk. New LEDs are fitted up front, and while Chrysler hasn't released interior shots just yet, judging by what we've already spied and recently sampled in the automaker's latest offerings, the insides should be significantly improved.

Power will come from the same engines we've been familiarizing ourselves with over the last year, specifically Chrysler's new Pentastar V6 and 5.7-liter V8, with power sent to either the rear wheels or all four depending on spec. Sales should begin in the first quarter of 2011, and expect pricing to hit closer to the 300's debut in Detroit.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/20/chrysler-releases-official-images-of-2011-300/

This looks like it will be a popular car for Chrysler, it is definetly much better looking than the previous model.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
May be they dialed in the steering and the suspension a bit. What if it is a good car, seriously?

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
The steering and suspension on the C and the SRT8 weren't that bad on the last one! I've seen this car and it's siblings bashed here repeatedly, but only a few of us have any wheel time. I've driven hard all SRT8 models of this chassis, as well as all the 5.7 hemi models (Chargers, Challengers and Magnums included). For the money they're a great car. Too big for my tastes, and some cheap interior appointments, and I wouldn't want to be seen in any of them except the magnum, but they really are good cars. (and I've owned more VAG products then all but a handful of people here, I'm not a Mopar fanboy, just call it like I experience it). This new one is a good looking car IMO.

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,715 Posts
more freaking headlight LED's that is one trend that needs to die like the Edsel, including most audi models they look sooooooo damn tacky

also whats the fog light looking thing next to the fog light on the passengers side?

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
more freaking headlight LED's that is one trend that needs to die like the Edsel, including most audi models they look sooooooo damn tacky

also whats the fog light looking thing next to the fog light on the passengers side?
Yea, LED's look OK on the R8 and a few others but I'm not a huge fan. Even my B8 doesn't have it (which is rare).

I'm guessing but I think that may be a thermal camera, it's only on one side, which would be very cool! I was playing with one today in an A8L!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I personally believe that it will be a solid car but after owning the previous model I would never again purchase nor even lease one. They are descent cars but have very serious limitations, I would much rather own either the magnum or the challenger. But this 300 does look appealing body style wise.

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,757 Posts
looks better than the last one....

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Weaksauce. Looks like it's just a facelift. I drove the old 300C with a V8, as well as the Challenger with a v6. Both felt horrible. I think we can all agree most of us would pick a 12 year old Passat over these cars.

·
Registered
910 Posts
It looks like the headlights have been taken straight off an Audi, as if its starting to mutate into an Audi, or conversely an Audi is going through its late stages of mutation into a Chrysler - it looks quite bastardised.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Crass. Why is everyone trying to be Audi??? It's like when everyone copied Acura's double headlight deal in the early 90s. Not a fan.

·
rockin the nasty azz exhaust tips yo!!
1,526 Posts
lights of an Audi, Logo of an Aston, body of a Phantom/Maybach and the name of a crappy company.... no thanks. IMO Chrysler needs to follow Saturn...

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
The Chrysler Imperial reborn!
The exposed screwheads for the center mounted rear brake light is nice touch!

Infinitely crass.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Crass.

I can't wrap my head around how many gangsta' wannabes are going to be rolling around in this in CLT with their bass blasting.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts