Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tackle Bob Brown, defensive end Carl Eller, quarterback John Elway, and running back Barry Sanders make up the class of the 2004 Pro Football Hall of Fame enshrinees....

...Also denied entry after making the final 15 were Harry Carson, Richard Dent, Cliff Harris, Lester Hayes, Bob Kuechenberg, Jim Marshall -- a teammate of Eller and Page -- Art Monk, George Young and Gary Zimmerman.

Can somebody please explain to me why Art Monk is still shunned by Canton? I think Carson, Dent and Lester Hayes should get in eventually, but Monk should have been a first ballot four years ago.

the first two inductees, Bob Brown and Carl Eller, I'm just barely too young to remember. I think everybody forgot how Elway came into the league and I still can't stand the way Sanders left it.

Something's wrong. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
Sorry, can't do it. I still think all the Hall of Fames except Baseball are not very exclusive. Although I must admit I can't understand Art Monk not making the final cut. :???: I suppose it's his low 68 touchdowns and only 3 pro bowls that's hurting him.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Zimmerman, Young and Hayes all deserve to get in, and eventually will.

Harris, Dent, Carson might get in, they were all VERY good players...Hall of Fame players...questionable.

Art Monk was a very good reciever on a very good team. His numbers do not blow me away by any stretch. He holds practically every Redskins record, but was never dominant. My opinion, he has a 50/50 chance of getting in. If he does or doesn't get in, it really would not be surprising.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts