Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
nope, not yet.. but my buddy has a 2003 CL500 got to take that out a few times.. quite the nice ride :p

as for the 600... might have to get on over to the Benz Dealership... :roll:

-Mark-

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd like to take a spin in the 55 and the 500- This was my first ride in a current gen CL. And I thought the previous 600 was quick!

Toned down Maybach, I like that. Very true- I would only feel comfortable driving something like this if I was the CEO, you know?
We passed an M5 on the freeway, and I"m thinking Geeze that guy couldn't catch us if we nailed it right now.

How cool is active suspension ! Not much in the way of feel, but total isolation is nice on the highway.

I can only begin to imagine what the CL 65 will be like. :shock:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
VWGUY4EVER said:
I drive them quite often as they're in for service quite often... :lol:
Blindingly fast but terribly unreliable....
Oh, man I can only imagine. Lot's of little gizmos. :) My pal at Porsche says the same thing about the Cayenne.
Probably makes my Passat seem like a Corrola in terms of reliablity.

Just for fun, my buddy turned off the Traction Control. No brake stand, no tricks, just stomps on the throttle and it's like holy sh$% the thing just starts roasting the tires.

I'd describe the performance as sureal because unlike other super quick cars, once you get used to the butterflys in the stomach, and you stablize at some god awfull speed, it really doesn't feel like you are moving.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
therockshow182 said:
just the Sensotronic Braking System feels weird in initial bite.
Maybe that's why it was recalled :suspicio:
"High mileage" E & SL's have been going into "limp" or "emergency" mode for no explicable reason. When there's total electrical failure, a manual bypass valve opens in the SBC pump allowing manual actuation of the front brakes only. Trust me, it ain't easy to stop one of them in that mode. At 15 mph in my back lot, I still almost hit the fence in an SL500 and my ass was off the seat standing on the brake pedal. Fix is supposedly a software update.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
"High mileage" E & SL's have been going into "limp" or "emergency" mode for no explicable reason. When there's total electrical failure, a manual bypass valve opens in the SBC pump allowing manual actuation of the front brakes only. Trust me, it ain't easy to stop one of them in that mode. At 15 mph in my back lot, I still almost hit the fence in an SL500 and my ass was off the seat standing on the brake pedal. Fix is supposedly a software update.

:shock: You think with a car that expensive they would have fixed that previous to the release. But I do understand all cars have their share of bugs, but this doesn't surprise me simply because it's a Mercedes :suspicio:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.