Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Aren't we VW owners all high and mighty... :roll:

For the same amount of money put into each car for a purpose built drag car out of the 4 makes presented, I'd put my money on the Honda anyday. Do you really think a 3000 lb chassis is good for any form of racing?

·
Banned
5,213 Posts
stealthx32 said:

For the same amount of money put into each car for a purpose built drag car out of the 4 makes presented, I'd put my money on the Honda anyday. Do you really think a 3000 lb chassis is good for any form of racing?
The what now? :???: :crazy: C'mon man. You don't have to be that serious all the time. :)

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stockB5.5 said:
stealthx32 said:

The what now? :???: :crazy: C'mon man. You don't have to be that serious all the time. :)
:thumbup:

Besides average Civic costs almost as much as Vdub these days....

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
549 Posts
does anyone know where the original vw v civic flash is? ive been looking on several sites and google, but still can't find it. or if someone has it and can email it to me that would be great too.

nick

·
Registered
913 Posts
That was funny, Toyota Tacoma Second place :) Burka Babe with winner :D

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Liked the surprise ending on the podium. :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
stealthx32 said:

Ummm, portly Camaro's and Mustangs have been beating up on their more svelt competition ever since I can remember. :roll: Lets end VW weight bashing :mad: VW's weigh more than their counterparts because they are safer. VAG is constantly improving structural integrity and safety measures with their vehicles. Is there such advanced weight saving techs or materials employed by the other manufacterers that keep the weight of their compacts down compared to VW, I think not!!! BTW: High and mighty VAG owner here :wink:

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
stealthx32 said:

Bugatti weights 4000lbs and you will see it racing soon!!! Also W12 isn't too light either and it beat like 15 world speed records.....and lets not forget the LeMans results for past 4 years, this year it was 1-4 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Did anyone ever mention Camaros or Mustangs? For street racing purposes, weight is very important for these sub-300 hp cars. Hell, weight is even important if you have over 300 hp, you're usually entering professional competition there. And I don't really care if its safer or not. Its not being debated currently.

If you really wanna see what a lightweight chassis and a built Honda motor without forced induction is like...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2419275199

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
passaturbonium said:
Also W12 isn't too light either and it beat like 15 world speed records.....and lets not forget the LeMans results for past 4 years, this year it was 1-4 :shock: :shock: :shock:
Check your facts. The last numbers I saw put the W12 around 2650 lbs. And the speed records you speak of are endurance records, not acceleration. And LeMans? Uh. What? Are we still on the same topic? You know that LMP900 means 900 kg curb weight, right? Do you know how many pounds that is? It's around 1980 lbs. So um,

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
BFive said:
VW's weigh more than their counterparts because they are safer. VAG is constantly improving structural integrity and safety measures with their vehicles.
This is ABSOLUTE CRAP.

No offense :)

VW's are heavy because they use cheaper construction methods and older technology (a compromise for offering more luxury at entry level prices). While VW's are certainly not unsafe, the "counterparts" own this category. It doesn't get much safer in the compact class than a Civic. Even my Subaru ranks better than the safest VW in that category (the Beetle) according to the IIHS.

VWAG certainly has the capability to offer better technology, I just don't think we should be comparing the Civic with cars like the A8 or Veyron.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts