Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
nice, i did something like that.
put a 302 in a pinto with a detroit lockup rear.
but his is by far alot of work and fab.
i just did a drop in and wire harness.
that car is gonna smoe the tires to no end!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
that sounds like a terrible idea! its going to be a lot more work than its worth given you're doing a rwd swap in a fwd car. the heavier ls-1 will create gobs of understeer. torque steer would be unbearable, and traction would never be adeqate. there are several chassis that would work a lot better with the LS-1. I'm sure there are worse ideas out there, but this one deserves recognition.

some ppl will do anything to be 'different' i guess.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
That's bad ass...regardless.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Ronald, my first thought was also UNDERSTEER.

That being said, an analogy: I had a buddy who had a Pinto with a 289 Ford with Offy intake and nice street cam. That thing was fast but it drove like $hit.

Then again, why are we comparing Pintos to a Civic?

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,711 Posts
Ya but after the engine goes in and its running in the end its still a honda, ya a fast honda but still a honda.

·
Registered
316 Posts
He should've found another donor 'vette frame for the swap since it would be less work/headache, but kudos to him for being unique and trying something totally different.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Sick. I love people who do something crazy like this.

I don't understand why people rip on Honda's so bad, it's no better than any of the Ford vs Chevy guys. Who cares what it is? It'll smoke anything any of us own. I don't care if it's the Oscar Meyer Wiener Mobile, if it's fast, it's fast. Gotta have respect for that.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Ive been following this! haha! I get the impression that hes basically putting a Civic body on a corvette frame/engine/drivetrain.

·
Registered
15,829 Posts
I love the tag:

8URVETT :lol:

So he's building a Funny Car for the street?

Can't wait for the first video of that thing rolling.

For those that didn't read the whole thing and think this will drive like crap:
remember guys im using the entire corvette drivetrain......all this car is, is a corvette chassis....with a civic body attached to it....pretty much......the best thing about the design of the corvette is nothing is mounted to the fiberglass of the car.....everything has its own framing......which made it rediculously easy to make everything fit......the steering column is one big piece mounted to aluminum frame.....with all the pedals, booster, master cylinders mounted to it.....the frame is attached to two long bars that stretch across the car.....u can weld the top bar in by the windshield....and the bottom one bolts to the tunnel....and the ends u weld on the sides of the pillar......very easy.......since im also using the stock tunnel from the vette......then all the dash componets bolt to those two bars....including the a/c and heating box....it so freaking easy to make this stuff work......

and since im using unaltered front suspension and corvette frame......im using the stock corvette steering rack......

1 - 20 of 23 Posts