Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've done a search for this but cant find any vendor info. I was looking for white citylights for my b5.5. currently have the philips blue visions but they arent white at all. i recall someone having superbright leds but i cant seem to find where they are sold in the US. can anyone offer any advice or point me to the right direction? thank you!

char

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I went and got my white bulbs from a Honda tuning shop. It looks blue on the outside but lights up white when lit.

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i googled but only found UK sources... as for the honda tuning shop, i am only looking for a w5w wedge, but i saw a whiter bulb online that has multiple leds on 1 wedge. thanks for the responses though!

·
Registered
774 Posts
be careful with the 6 LEDs bulb...IIRC, it won't fit the citilight bulb holder on B5.5's headlight

I think you need the 4 LEDs one

C._

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looking good. but how much bigger in size is the 6led? looks like there's much room left for it. i guess we'll find out soon. i ordered a pair. if not, no biggie. i'll get the 4s. thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
When does the city light come on?

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
B5veedub said:
When does the city light come on?
Comes on with the headlights and also comes on if the headlights are turned on with the engine off as the "Park Light" as we know them.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Are they connected when already when u install the HID's or do u have to connect them seperately??? what is the "city light mod" that some poeple do with the wiring?

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
ycharles, you might be disappointed with the LEDs from superbrightleds if you are looking for a WHITE led. I ordered WHITE and received what were supposed to be WHITE leds but upon install, they look very blue to me. In fact, they don't look much whiter then the above picture of the BLUE leds.

HTHs!

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, just got my leds yesterday and took a few min to pop in. they are actually a bit smaller than the w5w bulbs. honestly, i got the bluevisions for free and they were a tiny bit whiter than the stock w5w bulbs but still very yellow. these leds are defitely white sans the blue tint. not sure how much brighter 6 vs 4 leds, but i am definitely happy with these. here's the link for the pix i took.

http://cmbcmustardseeds.com/6leds/

·
Registered
418 Posts
The six led bulb will not go through the city light hole. I pushed and pushed and it would not fit. You can stick in the hole but it will not go through.

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mine popped in as if it was normal. i felt the click and so forth as it would when i had the bulbs instead of leds. which 6 leds did you get? also, not sure if it makes a difference but i have the 2003 glx. let me know.

·
Registered
418 Posts
ycharlies said:
mine popped in as if it was normal. i felt the click and so forth as it would when i had the bulbs instead of leds. which 6 leds did you get? also, not sure if it makes a difference but i have the 2003 glx. let me know.
They were from superbrightleds. How do yours look? I had the white ones but they were still too blue for me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts