Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Passat V6

My daytime running/city lights are not working on the driver side. My orange and red side marker lights are not working on the driver side as well for some reason.

The Passenger side lights are working and displaying completely fine.
I have changed the fuses and even went to change all the lights on the left and right side.

My driver side low beams and high beams and even rear parking lights are completely working and displaying fine.
My driver side side marker that is closest to the side mirror is even working fine.

Odd thing i seen though is it looks like the Daytime running/city lights (which is located in the headlights), The front side marker (which is located near the bumper) and the rear side marker (which is located near the brake lights) all have one single thing in common.
They all take the same single bulb, the one i am using is a 2827 Automotive light bulb, so i am not sure if there is some type of wiring issue, if there is some type of other fuse which controls all the lights on the driver side that i am not seeing.

Just really confused and would like some advice and guidance.

Is this a known problem?
What would cause this problem?
Is it something that i could possibly fix myself?

Now, i have seen some posts with the same exact problem regardless if it is the right side or left side but the issue is that they look abandoned before they were even resolved? the posts are 2-3 years old and no issue is found.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts