Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where i can find the black plastic piece that goes in to the ash tray? it has the little opaque orange piece of plastic to give the ash tray a nice orange glow when your lights are on. i bought my car used and it does not have this piece. i know my gfs passat has it, so i'm assuming it's a pretty standard piece.

i would check the dealership, but there isn't one close. (and by close i mean with in 2 hours of me). and besides, i don't want to pay $25-35 dollars for one.

can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you're talking about item 6 then you can by one from https://www.1stvwparts.com/partscat.html

Check out Console/Front Console/Housing. (Assuming you have a B5)

They list it for about $10 + shipping
I actually don't see the a part I'm talking about in the illustration. The piece I'm talking about sits in the ash tray, it's a black piece that you can take in and out. If you smoked you could ash in it. Then to empty it you could remove it and dump the ashes then put it back.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I actually don't see the a part I'm talking about in the illustration. The piece I'm talking about sits in the ash tray, it's a black piece that you can take in and out. If you smoked you could ash in it. Then to empty it you could remove it and dump the ashes then put it back.
I think if I have the proper terminology you're asking about the ashtray insert...

In that case its VW PN 3B0 857 989 (A ---not sure if the A is needed or not though)

Best bet is to call a dealership and see if they can order it for you and mail it out to you...mine does cause I live 45 mins away but I go in to order parts cause I go to school like 5 mins from there but when they do come in I'm at home so they are nice enough to mail the smaller things to me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think if I have the proper terminology you're asking about the ashtray insert...

In that case its VW PN 3B0 857 989 (A ---not sure if the A is needed or not though)
INSERT!! Yes, there we go. I couldn't think of how else to describe it. But as soon as I started looking for ashtray insert, I found the part immediatley!! However, I don't want to pay 39.50 plus shipping. Is there anyone out there who has one they might be willing to part with for a small fee?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
INSERT!! Yes, there we go. I couldn't think of how else to describe it. But as soon as I started looking for ashtray insert, I found the part immediatley!! However, I don't want to pay 39.50 plus shipping. Is there anyone out there who has one they might be willing to part with for a small fee?
Search through the classifieds you may get lucky and find someone that is parting out a totaled car...they'll usually give you anything if the price is right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts