Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, anyone out there either work for, or know someone who works for a Chrysler dealer? I'm looking to confirm some lease data on an '07 Pacifica. If you can help me you please post here or send me a PM. Thanks!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I can help you, I'm a sales manager at chrysler of paramus. Give me a call at 201 845 0700 and I will give you the deal.

Jason Martino
201 845 0700

I will be in at 1pm today 12/6/06

·
Registered
579 Posts
All I can offer is advice on not buying one. They have a known issue for unpredictably stalling while making slow speed manuvers. There is a new recall out but it doesn't cover all units (including our old one which had the problem). Chrysler refused to acknowledge anything until NHTSA stepped up and forced them to investigate.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All I can offer is advice on not buying one. They have a known issue for unpredictably stalling while making slow speed manuvers. There is a new recall out but it doesn't cover all units (including our old one which had the problem). Chrysler refused to acknowledge anything until NHTSA stepped up and forced them to investigate.
I know several people who have them and have no issues. I'm also looking at an '07 which has a completely different powertrain.

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
What wrong with chysler, my parent have had three in a row, all with close ot 300k on them, just like anything else, just have to treat it right.

·
Registered
347 Posts
No problem, glad I could help:thumbup:

For those that doubt the product, It has the same quirks as our beloved vw's. Just because it says chrysler on it does not make it bad. VW has had just as many problems,recalls,buybacks etc. but we keep comming back because we like what we like.

·
Registered
579 Posts
No problem, glad I could help:thumbup:

For those that doubt the product, It has the same quirks as our beloved vw's. Just because it says chrysler on it does not make it bad. VW has had just as many problems,recalls,buybacks etc. but we keep comming back because we like what we like.
Well this one stalls a vehicle while turning left across three lanes of traffic or while pulling up to a gas pump. You never know when it's gonna hit you. If you don't believe me then check it out for yourself. The vehicle has been recalled twice now for the issue and ours wasn't in either batch so the new recall is just a bogus attempt to get NHTSA off their back. Chrysler refused to acknowledge the first recall existed when we were going through our ordeal, appolized for the vehicle problem and asked if there was anything else they could do like they magically solved it then and there :( If Chrysler actually cared enough to think our vehicle had an issue we might have kept it. Even the dealer ackowledged the car had the defect (they had several a week complaining of it) and couldn't do anything to fix it until corporate acknowledged it.

This is how we got our Pilot which has turned out to be a much better vehicle anyway.

I know nothing about any other Chrysler product but the Pacifica we are too familiar with. Just my $0.02... Informing anyone I come across.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts