Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done doing this mod (just the strips): http://www.b5one.com/howto/brushedalu.html :D I SHOULD ADD THAT THAT ISN'T MY CAR, JUST TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA! You have to get the 1/4" strips. Very easy, just take your time and do it right! (30 minutes) I highly recomend this to anyone that wants to have that W8 look in the 1.8T! :thumbup: -God Bless!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
sweet mod, always wondered about those chrome strips. Have you ever seen those vids showing how easy it is to steal a car with "the club?" might as well just leave it in the trunk.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I've been thinking of this for some time. Not sure about how the chrome strips goes together with the brushed alu. I did the "mgolz look" long time ago and like you said: I love it. Is there any way to brush down the chrome strip for a perfect match?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i GOT THEM ONLINE FOR $15 (20FT.) shipped to my door! I don't remember the web site-sorry, but you can get them from alot of places! They have 3M tape on the back. To prep you clean good w/ alcohol, cut to length,heat up door and strips, I put a DROP of super glue on the ends to help hold them for when you slam the doors. It looks like real aluminum too!! 8)
-Ryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts