Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys seen these things at Autozone? They're bulbs with a chrome coating for applications like turn signals, interior lights, etc. What's the deal on those? :crazy: How are they supposed to give off any light and what color is it?

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
The chrome effect is much like mirrored tint on the outside of the bulb. Most of those bulbs give off amber light. They work decently, giving off perhaps 75% of the normal light output.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
They are like the Philips SilverVision I guess. I have those on my rear as turn signals. They don't have the egg yolk look to them so the lens looks clear but they certainly blink bright orange just like the turn signals should. They are pretty nice.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I'm guessing they were created for those folks with clear turn indicators, etc. who want to have colored turn signals without an amber bulb showing through the taillights...

/karl

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
S_Klass said:
The chrome effect is much like mirrored tint on the outside of the bulb. Most of those bulbs give off amber light. They work decently, giving off perhaps 75% of the normal light output.
I found that the Philips Silvervision bulbs are brighter than my OEM orange ones. It's less of a deep orange but more of a bright orange. I guess it depends on brand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts