Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added a chrome beltline to the interior on my day off from work.

I don't think it's too overbearing. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it was just 1/4" chrome half round with 3m tape on the back.

That is the stuff I used. Got it from: http://www.sportwing.com/catalog/displaycat.pcgi?fm_catid=92&fm_subcatid=106#

I picked that b/c someone on b5one had used it. I'm sure you can get it from autozone or some place like that too though. Was really easy to do just need some scissors and a hair dryer. Would have been even easier if my girlfriend's cheap ass hair dryer didn't keep cutting out. Oh, I cleaned the beltline with alcohol first too. Don't know how well it would have stuck with the armor all residue and what not in there.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Its not my cup of tea, i think it looks a bit old fashioned.
Is that a garage door opener built into your visor, very cool.
Do the airbag stickers not come off? :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
JamesBondage said:
Airbag stickers do not come off. :(
??????????????????? :( Indeed, i would remove the visor rather than have those in front of me all the time.:puke:
Is the writing on the wheel and dash not enough??

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
elton said:
Is the writing on the wheel and dash not enough??
It's mainly there to tell you not to put a backwards facing child seat up front.
Airbags have taken infants' heads clean off even in very minor accidents.

·
Registered
503 Posts
In the uk we have rear facing seat warnings on the side of the dash and on the door shut, so they can only be seen with the door open (when strapping a seat in), im surprised there isn't a group buy for euro ones because of this (or is there?). :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
I dont think its quite that bad, rather the air bag has enough force to push the child seat into the car seat and crush the occupant.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts