Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I'm not new to the forums but I haven't created a "profile" in the Canada Member Directory and decided that it was about time to do so.

The Ride: 2001 B5 V6 MT black

I JUST got my passat back last night after a full engine swap with all the fixings and a new clutch. It runs like new again but I'm hoping to do some mods this summer as I am working full time.

Planned Mods:
-suspension
-window tints
-new rims and tires
-headlights/tinted tails
-front grill
-giac chip (maybe)
-exhaust (maybe)

Just about the only decent picture of my car (taken on my phone):

And yea.. that's about it for now. Thanks.

UPDATE - Nov 27,2009

I love it when she's wet ;) ha

UPDATE - April,2010

MODIFICATIONS:​

- 17" Audi S4 rims with 245/45/R17 Nakang NS1 tires
- Zender front lip
- S5 devil eye aftermarket headlights
- Euroswitch
- 20% Tint
- K&N drop in panel filter
- De-Badged front grill
- FK Shocks and Springs
- 10" spacers on the rear
- Monster Mats
- Added stock cd player

UPDATE - February 13, 2012

Been sitting like this for almost two summers. Basically this is where I'm at:
1) Driveshafts have to come out
2) ABS module has to be removed and shipped out
3) Exhaust pre-cat or post headers have to be unbolted
4) Engine and transmission mounts have to be removed
5) Main engine harness has to be removed

MOTIVATION:

WHERE IM AT:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
very clean, love the color :thumbup: what did you have done to the motor?? you should come with us this Saturday to our mini GTG and then Source parts run.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I've always loved black cars and as soon as I saw how clean this one was it was love at first sight :). The motor was fully replaced along with the clutch. The coolant temp sensor, thermostat, and water pump all went at once along with an unknown problem so I opted to put a new engine in that had only 111kms on it. The rims that are on that picture have been sold since then so I've been shopping around for a new set. And it definitely has to be dropped. I've been called a touareg for way to long now :p.

As for Saturday I would definitely come to the GTG depending on the time and place because I have a work in the morning and exams coming up starting this Monday. Definitely expect to be seeing me around though!

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,168 Posts
Chris, they will be meeting Saturday morning, probably around 9:30 am ish. I may go, if I can wake up.

Good to hear that everything's fixed. Haven't seen you driving before.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chris, they will be meeting Saturday morning, probably around 9:30 am ish. I may go, if I can wake up.

Good to hear that everything's fixed. Haven't seen you driving before.
Thanks. If it's around 9:30ish I wont be able to make it but you guys have a good time. I'm working until around 1:00. You will definitely see me around but hopefully I won't have to roll stock for long.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
It's sweet looking, it will be awesome to welcome one more to our fold LOL well if this Saturday doesn't work out I'll be goin next Saturday cause I have to hit up the Source so maybe we'll do something next Saturday stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey everyone, just an update. Installed an oem cd player (not the 6disc changer). I've had it laying around forever and i picked it up for $60. It literally took me 2 minutes to do.

Also, last night while driving the car I floored it for a little and after I noticed my exhaust was sounding off. Almost as if I ripped apart a flex pipe which would have been very possible as I just had a new engine and clutch put in and I'm not sure the last time my engine mounts were done(definitely old) which probably put stress on the flex pipes. It was dark outside and late so I drove it home and parked it. This morning I took a look under the car and there was no noticeable damage to the flex pipes except for one of the metal weaved covers of the passenger side flex pipe was totally off. I started the car again and check underneath and the flex pipe cover wasn't bouncing around. :confused: I'm going to have it in the air tomorrow. Maybe its time for a techtonics catback :whistle:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
If you're doing motor mounts the S4 mounts would be the choice they are cheaper than the RS4 mounts and both the RS4 and S4 are stiffer than stock Passat mount because the RS4/S4 have more HP, but you don't end up with a bunch of vibration. While you're in that neighbourhood you could do an APR TIP, move your DV to the cold side of the engine or do your tranny mounts depending on the age of your car. You can find the S4 mounts at http://www.mjmautohaus.com/ check my user thread I just do the mounts so had a couple questions which one to use or you can PM me.

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,168 Posts
Hey Chris, just saw a OEM Votex from bumper spoiler for sale in brand new condition down in Florida for $350 US + Shipping, you interested? Not affiliated with the seller, just thought I'd give you a heads up.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Chris, just saw a OEM Votex from bumper spoiler for sale in brand new condition down in Florida for $350 US + Shipping, you interested? Not affiliated with the seller, just thought I'd give you a heads up.
Thanks for the heads up :thumbup: saw that as well in the classifieds and I would highly consider it but first things first.. RIMS and SUSPENSION :driving:

·
for your entertainment...
7,035 Posts
I seriously considered this but $350US translates to $400 plus shipping which would likely be close to $100, then prep/paint/installation at least another $200... Man, I could get all my lowers and my roof and hood painted for that kinda coin.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
... but first things first.. RIMS and SUSPENSION :driving:
Yes! Definitely! Those are the things you should get done first no matter what :thumbup:

And Johnny is absolutely right! For that amount, you can do so much already even if its small subtle mods. No matter how big you go with mods and if ain't lowered... it ain't right at all. :D

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well after being inspired by OEM++Variant's wagon I have decided to attempt hunt down some B5.5 engine covers. Just out of curiosity does anyone know exactly what I will need to put B5.5 covers on a B5. As far as I know I need the battery cover, pollen filter cover, and windshield attachment. BlueBayou also told me that I would need a break fluid resevoir ?? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Well after being inspired by OEM++Variant's wagon I have decided to attempt hunt down some B5.5 engine covers. Just out of curiosity does anyone know exactly what I will need to put B5.5 covers on a B5. As far as I know I need the battery cover, pollen filter cover, and windshield attachment. BlueBayou also told me that I would need a break fluid resevoir ?? Thanks!
The engine cover itself wouldn't be a problem but the cover tray on top which houses the battery and brake reservoir wouldn't. You'd have to custom fit it. Contact 2L_Dub_PimP (Ricky). He bought this from The Source and I'm not sure if he already installed it or not.

1 - 20 of 416 Posts