Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pictures of Horst. He is a 2001.5 1.8t manual.

Mods in order(not many, but with time, my friend, with time)
K&N drop in filter
Llumar 20% tint
Wett Chip
Windshield chip from nasty 1/2 inch rock thrown from a dump-truck going 80

Sirius Satellite Radio mounted in glove box
Fondmetal 17x7.5 Tech 5 with 215/50/17 Hercules Ultra TR tires
TT DV

Early pics:

Now pics:

I also just recently moved the Sirius antenna from the trunk into the rear window, without any problems at all with reception. Since I have a Sirius unit that can be used in the house, I mounted it in my glove box.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Re: Chris Bultsma - Omaha, Nebraska (amstlubc)

ok at this time lets make a mental note people "dont mess with chris hes 6'8" and will step on you"

Just kidding with ya welcome to the club...I too came here before i bought my passat (like you couldnt guess with my screen name) and havent left since...The mod bug will come calling soon

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Re: Chris Bultsma - Omaha, Nebraska

Where's the pics?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The Wett chip is fun. Too much fun. (I will defer all questions to the instructor of the optional safety class which was suggested that I take so my insurance wouldn't be notified and the ticket price wouldn't be as high.) :puke:

By the way, we acquired some more snow today!

And now, with my wife's Beetle:

(I realize the date at the top isn't correct. I had to do some editing of posts.)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well, after a few hours of hard work, I changed 3 of 4 vacuum lines and replaced my blown DV with a TT DV. It is just like driving it chipped for the first time. Woo Hoo!!

And here is a new pic with my friend's Saab. (Original post has been edited for content, too.)
(pic edit)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, long time, no visit to passatworld. I had to do some maintenance and I realized how much I miss this place. I have had some life changing events in the last year that needed some tending to, so I wasn't able to visit the site. In May, my wife and I had a little girl, Mallory Eleanor. She is the best. But she was 3 months early and born with multiple medical problems, the most being renal failure due to multicystic kidneys. She will eventually need a new kidney, but for right now, we are holding our own. She hasn't needed dialysis yet, and hopefully she won't for a long time. I think we are pretty fortunate, though. I am an ICU pharmacist in a very large transplant hospital, and my mom is a nurse practitioner for pediatric urologist. It helps that I know all of the people that will be seeing my daughter. But enough about that...

I finally have some more mods to list. Over the weekend, I had to replace 2 blown CV boots and 2 blown shocks. With that all on the docket, I replaced all 4 corners with H&R OE Sports and Bilstein Sports. It is going in for new shoes and an alignment tomorrow. Then, hopefully, a bath, as it has been pretty messy in these parts as of late.

And then.....pictures. More to come.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
car looks great. i love the roof rack. i kinda want one even tho i dont need it :) just for looks.

i too had to recently do some maintenance on my car. i hate doing maintenance. seems like such a waste. all this money and my car doesn't even go faster or look better. Dam i hate when sh!t breaks :(

looking forward to new pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts