Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,310 Posts
Yup...got an 02 1.8T Tip and it's chipped by APR (2 stage).....AWESOME! I don't think you'll have the same response I did, based on what other members have said, but I'm sure the V6 will definitely show improvement. Have fun! :thumbup:

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,310 Posts
The single 93 octane APR chip runs about 499. Each additional program, whether a security program or stock so you can switch between the two, will run 150. DPP (direct port programming) is the easiest cause there is no hard ware involved..just a laptop. You can purchase spare ECU's that already have a chip soldered or flashed. Don't know how much they run, but check the Classified forum and do a search. There are several people out there that have them for sale.

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,264 Posts
The "Tip Chip" is from GIAC and dramatically shortens your shift times under full load. It does little or nothing for your everyday driving. At least that is my experience. Get it from AWE tuning for $250. Several other places charge $350.

For everyday shifting improvements, buy/borrow a VAG-COM and recode your tranny per the Info Forum post: Tiptronic Performance Mods

If you're a DIY'er and want to experiment, try Redline D4 in your tranny: Redline D4 ATF in my Tranny

And here's some more comments on the Tip Chip: Redline D4 vs. Tip Chip - D4 wins? - 6 month UPDATE

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Rusty,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'll look into the D4 before going crazy with the chip. With 59000 miles on my car, its probably time to swap out the ATF anyway.

Thanks again,

Art

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.