Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my APR chip a couple weeks ago. Been kind of busy I have some questions though.

Where's my traction go?! It was raining pretty good the other day and I was getting no where at the lights and I don't even want to talk about the hill getting home that was funny. I let the clutch out easy enough to get going but as soon as I give it some gas 1st all goes to hell. Same with second. I'm running 215 Falken Zeix tires.

Anyone notice worse gas milage? I mean it's pretty much the same for normal driving as before. But spirited driving is using a lot more gas than before.

It's plenty fun and a MkV GTi driver got a red face at 2am on I4 when he hit the good old VW speed limiter.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
with conservative driving you should get better gas mileage with the apr chip. But who does conservative driving. Reason why your gas mileage sucks now is cuz your flooring it all the time. Don't worry. Your not the only one with this problem. I suffer from it along with most of the people on this website who are chipped :)

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,300 Posts
More air (psi) = more gas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts