Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww..... :(

I don't know who all from CVO is going, but last season there was one quick Jetta TDI Cup Series that showed up alot.
The joke was, he could leave Chicago with 1/4 tank, drive to South Bend, race all day, drive back to Chicago and still have 1/4 tank. :lol:
haha I totally see that being true

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The day started off cold (scaped ice off my windshield before I left for the event at 5 am). My summer tires (Direzza Star Spec's) weren't happy with the 34º morning runs but they did OK considering they aren't designed to grip in temps like that. My back end was sliding out at any sharp corner I touched the brakes. One of the event hosts told me to stop doing "parking brake" turns. I swore to him I wasn't touching the parking brake but I don't think he believed me. Afternoon runs were almost 10º warmer and everyone's times got better. I dropped rear tire pressure by 5 lbs but the car was still rotating around the sharp corners. Was a fun event withstanding the cold. The Tire Rack track is great and the folks from there are awesome hosts. The Audi Car club suffered a computer failure and had to set the event up on an alternate computer at the last minute. Kudos to them for the "The Show Must Go On" teamwork.

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I only took one. Of my iced car in the wee hours of the morning before I left for the event. :crazy:

See! This is why you should have come. You could have video'ed me drifting the corners in a FWD car. :rolleyes:

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This Saturday...

Windy City Miata Club hosts their AutoX #1 event of this season at Alexian Field in Schaumburg ILL.

I participated in several of their events last season. These are quick cars on an autox circuit. There are some lady drivers from that club with impressive driving skills.

Autocross Main Page

See you there!

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Tomorrow, mid 60's and partially cloudy in Schaumburg ILL.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&gbv=2&ie=UTF-8&q=alexian+field+schaumburg+il&fb=1&gl=us&hq=alexian+field+schaumburg+il&cid=0,0,4648402171193177031&ei=7Xd6Ua2GNdKsqwGfk4HoBQ&ved=0CB8QtQMwAg

It's good to show up between 8:00 & 8:30 so you have time to register and prep your car. You need to empty your car of all loose articles (CD's, pens, floor mats, small children, spare tire & jack, iPass transceiver...etc). Set your tire pressures. Blue-tape a number on the side of your car.

Dooooo Eeeeeeet!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I miss autox events, seems like I have to work every weekend they are running... really need to try out the Passat just for fun, I'm sure the current tires would really hold it back.

This one is more fun

my old daily driver.. slush box made it more of a challenge but at least the Victoracers and wheels from my Z car fit.

I do more open lapping track days now than autox, but still enjoy making that perfect run through the cones...

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I got to the Miata Club event a few minutes after 8 and the event was sold out. :((and I hate waking up early on a weekend:))
I need to start pre-registering on-line.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts