Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Ooooooh, I was just there Sunday and didn't see that. I'll have to go check that out, that stuff is great and even better at that price.

·
Superbad
1,456 Posts
there's also a 2$ mail in rebate for that @ PEP BOYS - i jus bought a bottle cuz the idiot @ Shell pumped 1 gallon of Regular ...when i SPECIFICALLY asked for V POWER 93 OCTANE!!! :banghead:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
See, that's why Full Service gas stations are the work of the devil. At least if I put crap gas in (which I don't) on accident I only have myself to blame.

I have how ever put BP92 in my girlfriends 1996 Geo Prism without thinking. The damn engine in it probably shat itself after 10 years of 87 :)

·
Registered
973 Posts
there's also a 2$ mail in rebate for that @ PEP BOYS - i jus bought a bottle cuz the idiot @ Shell pumped 1 gallon of Regular ...when i SPECIFICALLY asked for V POWER 93 OCTANE!!! :banghead:
Same thing happened to me on the NJ TRNPK. He put about 3/4 of a tank of regular, when I specifically told him SUPER. I had to go get a 20oz bottle of Techron.

·
Registered
76 Posts
don't know if chevron pro-guard is the same thing but shucks/krager has it for 2 for $8 - can't tell from the coupon which size bottle it is though - I think there are 12 and 20oz sizes. Often there is a rebate on the bottle as well.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
i put a bottle in my car for the first time the other day when i had a quarter of a tank in (i have 92,000 miles) i then filled up to a full tank like the instructions said. I didnt really notice a difference. I think im gonna run another bottle. Can i mess up my car if i run too much chevron with techron? am i doing it wrong? Do you guys just mix it in with your almost empty tank and not fill up? WTF :/ i hope its cleaning my engine good :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
i put a bottle in my car for the first time the other day when i had a quarter of a tank in (i have 92,000 miles) i then filled up to a full tank like the instructions said. I didnt really notice a difference. I think im gonna run another bottle. Can i mess up my car if i run too much chevron with techron? am i doing it wrong? Do you guys just mix it in with your almost empty tank and not fill up? WTF :/ i hope its cleaning my engine good :)
same thing with mine so i bought another bottle tonight because my dad said he didnt notice a difference till two applications... i also bought one of the blue bottles, supposedly improves responsiveness. we'll see... :hmmm:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Using it 2 tanks in a row is fine, but don't use it all the time. It can foul your plugs. As far as a difference, it depends on how dirty your fuel system is to begin with. If it's already clean, you won't tell a difference.

I use Lucas in my truck. I can't tell a difference after each tank, but I treat it as a preventative measure.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
same thing with mine so i bought another bottle tonight because my dad said he didnt notice a difference till two applications... i also bought one of the blue bottles, supposedly improves responsiveness. we'll see... :hmmm:

I agree with your dad. You will need 2 applications to feel anything. The only difference I feel is the responsiveness and that only last for a couple of weeks.

I recently changed my plugs, airfilter and cleaned throttle body after doing 2 applications...now car is real peppy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts