Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
I drove the Equinox at Chevy's Test Drive event last month. The 3.4L engine wasn't as crummy as I expected, with ample low-end torque and decent (if not outstanding) NVH characteristics. I am somewhat puzzled as to why GM sources the 3.4L engine from China, when the Tonawanda (New York) plant that makes the same engine isn't too far from the CAMI plant in Ontario that builds the Equinox. :???:

The electric power steering seemed way overboosted at low speeds, though.
Like TAckhouse1 suggested, the U.S. made Honda 3.5L would be even better in this vehicle!

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
GM's line of SUV's is a far step over their line of sedans...

who the fuck are the desingers that are getting paid to come up with these Malibus, Monte Carlos and Impalas...? :nervous: and people give Bangle a bad wrap...? :crazy:

·
Registered
544 Posts
You know I've seen quite a few Equinoxes in my area and I think they look very nice. The fit and finish appears to be quite good and I like many of the features (like the sliding rear seat). I'm with the other poster, GM should put the Honda built 3.5 liter V6 in the Equinox. If they did that (and change the silly looking tail lights), I would actually consider buying one. That's not something I've ever really said about a GM vehicle, minus the Corvette.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yes!

jwaters943 said:
You know I've seen quite a few Equinoxes in my area and I think they look very nice.
One passed me the other day and I immediately commented to my wife that the Equinox was a great improvement over most other GM products - at least as far as exterior styling goes.

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
For those of us not following the SUV market, the domestic SUV market, or the domestic market (period), where does this thing slot into the Chevy lineup? Is it a replacement for something else, or does it occupy a new niche?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.