Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah its from japan.... There was a thread on vortex with a bunch of Japanese VW/Audis. They certainly looked better than the tricked out Hondas you see coming from there.

I couldnt tell if it was a Jetta or Passat wagon at first...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah its from japan.... There was a thread on vortex with a bunch of Japanese VW/Audis. They certainly looked better than the tricked out Hondas you see coming from there.

I couldnt tell if it was a Jetta or Passat wagon at first...

Well to make it more confusing, over here its a golf.

Still looks well though.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
ya but they have a golf wagon, which is is same as a jetta wagon in NA, so its pretty much the same except the front clip

and im pretty sure for the mk5 sedans their calling it the Jetta not the Bora, OH the confusion :lol:

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes - MKIV Jetta (US) = Bora (Europe); MKV Jetta (US) = Jetta (Europe);
I think they kept the Bora so they are still getting the MKIV's and MKV's

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
in the mkIV form, it was called a golf sport in europe. i believe that the mkV version of the car will be sold as a 'golf variant' in EU, and a 'jetta wagon' here in the US (confirmed for 2008 btw).

·
Registered
79 Posts
in the mkIV form, it was called a golf sport in europe. i believe that the mkV version of the car will be sold as a 'golf variant' in EU, and a 'jetta wagon' here in the US (confirmed for 2008 btw).
Well in the uk it was golf estate, not sure about mainland europe. The next one is said to have the front end of the jetta this time, and from the pics Ive seen, its gorgeous.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts