2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw these on ebay yea i know no ebay links so check out the picture

I think they look pretty clean, wonder how they look on the car

anyone got these (probably not but) if you do post up:thumbup:

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Ebay links ARE allowed. You just cant post up a personal auction link in the classifieds. Stuff like this however is okay to post :thumbup:

Thoose look pretty nice. Almost like a carbon fiber housing. How much are they?

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,168 Posts
Yeah I saw them earlier today, I like them and it looks like the angle eye actually blinks when you turn on your turning signal! It's neat!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
mrgreek2002 said:
it looks like the angle eye actually blinks when you turn on your turning signal! It's neat!
I'm not sure if that's what it actually does...
Check out the e-bay post. It looks like they are molded from the same pattern as the OEM Bi-Xenon headlamps.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-03-04-05-VOLKSWAGEN-PASSAT-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQitemZ8034562501QQrdZ1#Desc

Hmmm... I'm almost thinking about buying a set of these, and retrofitting an HID ballast and lamp into the projector.

Jimmy :)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Do you think these would be less bright, because of the black housings?
Do our standard polished chrome housings produce more light output because of their reflectancy?

Any opinions, or factual knowledge?

Jimmy :)

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
ycharlies said:
i think troopster93 is trying to get a gb on similar item.
It was a similar item, however it was slightly different. Also that GB has since been canceled since apparently his parts leaked onto ebay and other people were selling them for to cheap for him to compete with. He described this all in the GB thread

Anyway, someone buy a set of these and see how they look. I really like the look of these, but i get nervous with ebay stuff. Who knows how well it will fit. They look to be a pretty quaility item though :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
rollininstyle2004 said:
Ebay links ARE allowed. You just cant post up a personal auction link in the classifieds. Stuff like this however is okay to post :thumbup:

Thoose look pretty nice. Almost like a carbon fiber housing. How much are they?

Absolutely correct. It's just to keep our classifieds local and controlable. "Hey look at these" links are OK... unless you are a vendow phishing :D

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
I wonder what the high pattern in. I like the asthetic similarity between the low projector and the high that's made to look projector'ish, but I wonder if it would mess with the high beam pattern?

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
The high beam looks to have a regular projector housing so it shouldn't be much of a reduction in light output. This looks like the regular housing, minus the turn signal part, of the non-HID version. If it was of the HID version there would be 3 bulbs in there, not two.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts