Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so its snowing non-stop in Boston...so i go out side start cleaning off my car 2000 passat 1.8t and its fine pull it right out of the driveway with my blizzaks and im all set. i start to clean off my sisters car and when thats don i put it where my car usta be because her cabrio doesnt have enough ground clearance to park where she originally was. so i go back in my passat turn around down the street and i did go through some snow, but i dnt think it affected the check engine light going on.. so anyways upset about the fact that my 71,000 mile car check engine light came on after i had it checked about 2 months ago for overall check-up... pulling it back in the driveway i got a lil stuck because of the snow plow... i did a lil rolling action and bam im pulling in the parking spot but as i was doing the rolling action i smelt something and when i parked the car i saw yellow snow, and i know there were no cats, dogs or people that would piss in the 2 seconds it took me to go from the street to the driveway... anyways yellow snow, check engine light any clue????

thanks guys

·
Registered
519 Posts
Oh, sorry. That was me. I pissed on your driveway. Won't happen again... I promise! :lol:.

Honestly, though. I really don't know what fluid would be yellow. Maybe brake fluid? Not sure about the power steering fluid, but they should not be causing a CEL. Could be fresh oil which is more of an amber color. Can you describe the burning smell?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no more yellow snow...

but tthe smell almost smlet like cigarette with a lil clutch smell, with a lil tires mixed alll in, and i know it wasnt the clutch cuz its deff a distinct smell when th clutch burns, and the tires were cpletely engulfed ins now so it wasnt burning tires
ii dnt know i have a buddy that workds for Boston VW im gunna just let him check it as soon as the snow is melted

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i went back outside to see my car and i dnt know if the check engine lights comes on when the tires are spinning our it goes of a certain period of time, but when i spin with ASR off the EMMISSIONS WORKSHOP comes on with a beep

1 - 5 of 5 Posts