Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if its covered under the powertrain or does it depend on whats wrong with the car? and will the dealer look at it and tell me whats wrong with it for free?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
bgates222 said:
anyone know if its covered under the powertrain or does it depend on whats wrong with the car? and will the dealer look at it and tell me whats wrong with it for free?
Depends on what the engine code is? If it pertains to the powertrain then "yes" it would. Go down to your local AutoZone and have them run the code for you. You can then have it reset and a code in hand. Alot of us can tell you what the exact code means. It could be from fueling the car and the gas cap did not get tightened enough, or it could be a loose or cracked hose. Good luck

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
found the code

Thanks I went to auto zone and they said the code was po 118 or po 18 one of those he had a book that said it was something to do with engine coolant wires or oxygen sensor. I went to the gas station filled my tank with super and drove it hard a few miles turned the car off and then restarted and the light went off. Not sure if it might come back on again or not who knows.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Re: found the code

Interesting logic. CEL lights up, and you drive the piss out of it to make it go off. :suspicio:

-Craig

bgates222 said:
Thanks I went to auto zone and they said the code was po 118 or po 18 one of those he had a book that said it was something to do with engine coolant wires or oxygen sensor. I went to the gas station filled my tank with super and drove it hard a few miles turned the car off and then restarted and the light went off. Not sure if it might come back on again or not who knows.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you like that huh? lol

I Spoke to a number of people before i just beat it up. As far as the coed goes it doesnt seem like a big problem I only drove it like that after i found out what the code meant.

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you ever get check engine lights, it's generally not a good idea to drive it hard anyway, even if you know what the code means. A lot of factors control your rich / lean conditions or other aspects of engine management and the MIL or CEL comes on because it recognizes that something is wrong or potentially engine non-friendly. But if you do have a question on what the engine code is, go to: http://www.bentleypublishers.com/tech/vw/vw.dtc.table.htm and then go from there.

:bow: :bow: :bow: Robert Bentley Rules!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Didn't someone have an oxygen sensor code due to overfill at the pump not too long ago? Just let it go after it clicks off the first time...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts