Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1.8T (49K Mi) has been stumbling a little when I step on the gas and it downshifts (TIP). Today the check engine light came on, then later the Emissions Workshop message. When I got home I read the error codes with VAGCOM. It said
17965 Charge Pressure Control - Positive Deviation
35-10 Intermittent
17544 Shareware version . . .

Anybody know what that means?? The shareware version message is probably because I changed computers and didn't load the code in. Now If I can find the code to re-activate it.

Skip

·
Registered
247 Posts
You need to call Vag Com to get a new code. Usually they will ask for a deactivation code. They will tell you how to get the code or visit their website.

·
Registered
872 Posts
17965: Bentley says to check your wastegate bypass regulator valve, also known as the N75 valve.

17544: Bank 1, mixture adaptation (add.) system too lean. Most likely a busted vacuum hose somewhere. The usual culprit is the one that runs from the DV, up and then across the front of the engine, and then underneath the intake manifold.

Good luck. :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
JDigga
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing