Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheap PDA/Computer Vag-Com type stuff! (palm os & pocket pc)

As some of you may know I own a PDA Accessory company http://www.hslight.com and I was wondering what the level of interest would be for an ODB-2 cable that would plug directly into your 19/22/38/39/41/43/51/54/5500 Series ipaq (I could look into other models too if there is enough interest) with this connector you will also be able to charge your PDA. It wouldn’t come with any software (but they have free versions on the internet) and its going to be CHEAP! ill do my best to keep the cost Low because some of the packages out there are ridiculously priced (I have seen it as high $450) if you guys could leave comments telling me what you think I can see if it is worth it for me thanks guys.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
I have a Palm Tungten T|3. I would think that making it for the Palm and Sony universal connectors would hit the largest part of the market.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill look into the usb thing i think i can do it but im not sure yet but what i can do is bluetooth but unfortunatly i dont think anybody would want it because i would need to add like $120 ::edit:: about $80 to the price AH!!! :nervous:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to answer your question about Usb. I can buy some rs232 to usb converters at wholesale and sell them in a package with the ODB 2 cable. they would come with drivers for windows versions under win xp (xp comes with the drivers built in).

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ooo and each will be built to order so when you order if you have any requests for custom work i.e. Interface box color (metal, metal painted, plastic) even windows built into the box to view the LEDS and you can choose your led colors (to match your car) plus the obd connectors will be small so if you want to have it plugged in while your driving it wont be sticking out or in the way at all.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Interested in something for the Palm Tungsten T3 and/or serial so that I could use 1 cable and plug it into either my T3 or carputer.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts