Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i thought maybe we could start a thread for us poor B5 lovers. I thought we could share ideas about cheap mods.

Here is mine. Buy to your local hobbey store and buy a can of PACTRA TRANSPARENT BLACK window tint spray for R/C cars. You just need a small 3 dollar can. Next pop out your tail lights. Do a light coat from about 12 inches away. This is just to make the plastic sticky. Then wait 20 mins then spray a second coat very heavy till the light is black. Then wait 30 mins then pop your tail lights back in. Looks like this

Here is one about a decal behind the VW logo- http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=77318

·
Registered
666 Posts
I used the pactra to do my interior overhead lights, works excellent. Not sure how it will hold up without a couple of coats of clear on the exterior.

How about some more pics.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
i'd recommend the 5-brake light mod. very cheap and useful. also, the NB sunglass holder is nice too. or a shorter antenna. clear corners. side indicators. wood trim.

·
Registered
224 Posts
haha wtf maybe? I'd like to save money and do it your way if it looks nice, but we need lighted pics crazy lady :crazy:

Oh and nothing could beat Jon's Tinted Tails those things are b-e-a-utiful!

I haven't seen them on a dark car before though....only white and silver....and my car's black..... :nervous:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
A $3 mod IS pretty CHEAP! :roll:

I was thinking of recommending a K&N air filter, but that might be too rich for your blood! :poke: :p :lol:

How about a Burger King "King-size" cup to hold all those highway tokens and loose change!? :lol:

Maybe you could spend $3 or $4 extra each time you gas up and buy premium fuel. Now THERE'S a performance mod! :thumbup:

Honestly though, if you can get good results with a $3 can of R/C car tint, I think that's pretty cool! 8) I'm just not going to risk my taillights (expensive to replace - if I screw it up) on a $3 can of tint! :nervous:

·
Registered
745 Posts
It doesnt look too bad but its not the professional look of jons tints. You didnt paint the whole tail light, the top is less black then there rest. A small line at the top. And you have to show us how the light goes true.

Scribble, go to Jons tinted tails site, he has pics on dark cars too.. I believe there is a black passat there with very dark tail lights.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
r3awak3n
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing