Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a plastic ebrake handle and am going to change it to a leather one, I just purchased, so i searched for a write up on it but did not find anything.

Can anyone tell me how to do it? if you have pics to go along with the write up, it would be helpfull.
TIA

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
I have a related question. How do I get the rubber boot off the handbrake? I looked for a screw on the underside of the handle and I found what looked like a screw cover, but I couldn't pull it out of the way without ripping it apart.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
There is a tab underneath it that you have to bend out to get the stocker off. Pull up the ebrake and look under the bottom of the handle, you will see it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need to know how to remove the whole thing. i assume the center console needs to come off, but i just want be certain before i start taking my car apart.

anyone have a write upon this?

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Yes the whole center piece has to come out for swapping the whole thing but if you just want the change handles then why take the whole thing off?

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
That's what i mean, you can switch hthe plastic handle for a leather one without taking out the whole thing. Just pop out the tab under the stock one and the new leather one will slide right on and clicks in place.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's what i mean, you can switch hthe plastic handle for a leather one without taking out the whole thing. Just pop out the tab under the stock one and the new leather one will slide right on and clicks in place.
Sweet! thats great news. happen to have any pics of where this tab.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts