Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On of my upper front passenger side control arms is shot. I need to replace it and was wondering if it something that can be done w/o and special tools and in my garage. Thanx

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey Tray, Looks like were on the same maintance schedule. We both did our timing belts the same week now my upper front passenger control arm is shot too. I ordered the upper kit from ECS w/H&R sport spings, it'll be here in a couple days. I'm going to do it all at once in my driveway. I'll take photo's and give you any tips that I learn.

Don't tell me your in the market for 18" rims and tinting your tails too :D

Matt

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
tray said:
On of my upper front passenger side control arms is shot. I need to replace it and was wondering if it something that can be done w/o and special tools and in my garage. Thanx
Yes, it can be done with basic tools. I believe that I did a small write up when I did my CPP upper arms, so you may try doing a search. Try (CPP Arms, created by myself) doing that and you should be all set. I was able to do them, but I had an air compressor, impact tools, and a few basic sized open-ended wrenches. You will need a full set of sockets with everything from 13mm-19mm. Make sure you have each and every one because some sets dont have a 17 or 18mm, and these 2 sizes are key to doing this without rounding off edges.

If you would like a full write up, please let me know and Id be more then happy to type up some literature for you.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awsome Thanks!

Ill have to do in an upcomming weekend.

LOL Trader_Reed, we'll have to warn each other is something goes wrong in the future so the other person can plan ahead. Fortunately I have already done my HR springs, Blistein sport shocks,18's a year or two ago. I havent gotten to the tail tints yet, but since your getting them Im sure somehow I will in the near future too. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.