Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
If you have a b5.5 the bulb is 3157. Look in the fender well and you will see a oval plug, pop it out. Reach through there and you will feel a flat plastic piece, twist and pull. Replace bulb and repeat :) If you have a B5 then I don't have any idea how to do it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NUISANCE said:
If you have a b5.5 the bulb is 3157. Look in the fender well and you will see a oval plug, pop it out. Reach through there and you will feel a flat plastic piece, twist and pull. Replace bulb and repeat :) If you have a B5 then I don't have any idea how to do it.
It sounds like you are talking about the blinker bulb in the side marker. I'm reffering to the blink within the headlight assembly. I just wanted to make sure though, i've never had to replace it before. Does anyone know how to do this and what the bulb size is, thanks again...

·
Registered
711 Posts
NUISANCE said:
these are the instructions for the headlight turn signal for a non HID b5.5

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Those instructions are correct. In the front of the wheel well, you will see the plug and it comes right out, no wires, no nothing - just the bulb seat and bulb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.