Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to inform you all that Club B5 will be undergoing some changes in the days ahead. Within the next month, we're planning on changing the discussion forum software once again in order to meet the demands that our growing community requests. This will also fix the search function! :thumbup:

Not only will we be switching the software, but we will be moving the forums to a completely new URL...so get ready to update your bookmarks! Only the forums will be moving, ClubB5.com will still be around to serve all of your B5 needs. The forums are moving to the new URL which will be acting as ClubB5.com's "parent" web site. Under this new "parent" web site will fall ClubB5.com, and another "sister" web site which will be dedicated to the new PQ46 Passat. We will be sharing the discussion board between the 2 sites.

Other changes you will be seeing have to do with the actual forums. The biggest change will take place with the General B5 Discussion Forum. We will be splitting that forum up into 4 different forums focusing on specific topics. The overall picture of the new board will look like this:

Category 1: Club B5 Community
- 4 sub forums (no more general B5 discussion forum)

Category 2: "Sister" Community
- 4 sub forums

Category 3: Community Forums
- 7 sub forums (events/gatherings, off-topic, b5 beat, black hole, anything auto, etc)

Category 4: Member Directory
-8 sub forums shared for all passat owners

Category 5: Forum Help and Assistance
- 3 sub forums

Category 6: Announcements
- 1 sub forum

Any questions, post them here. I'll answer as many as I can, but I will not answer any questions regarding the new names of the web sites, or what the new forums will be, because all of that is still up for discussion.

·
Banned
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IDriveB5 said:
cool, looking forward to it. i hope we dont lose the sense of a close knit family that we currently have.
Our focus is just that, to keep tight knit families with each individual site, yet to help promote the VW Passat as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Thanks for your continued work on the site Thanasi! My boss thanks you for all of the hours you have enabled me to hang out here and obsess.

BTW, how's your B5.5 doing? I haven't seen it in a while!

·
Banned
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
coloradob5 said:
BTW, how's your B5.5 doing? I haven't seen it in a while!
It could be better. My engine light has been on for months now and I still have a sqeaking noise in my rear suspension that needs to be fixed. All in time though...right now Im caught up with this new project and other issues with my life. BUSY, BUSY, BUSY...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Greek, have you thought about a sub-forum for other VW models like the Jetta, Golf, GTI, etc. A lot of people on here own more than one VW. I know I am trying to get a 2nd one right now and I'd love to be able to get info and discuss the other VW here instead of having to go to Vortex all the time.

Just an idea.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
PassatDoTd said:
Greek, have you thought about a sub-forum for other VW models like the Jetta, Golf, GTI, etc. A lot of people on here own more than one VW. I know I am trying to get a 2nd one right now and I'd love to be able to get info and discuss the other VW here instead of having to go to Vortex all the time.

Just an idea.
I personally do not like that idea. The site is called CLUBB5 for a reason. Ofcourse this is just my opinion.

·
Banned
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PassatDoTd said:

Just an idea.
Thats what we have the "Anything Auto" Forum for. I would like to focus on just Passats. Thanks for bringing it up though.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
So what software are we going to?

phpBB is fine in terms of software (although pretty inefficient). i.e. check out GaiaOnline: 128,606,420 posts, 1,130,437 members.

Maybe you should have SKL/Macabre work on the implementation. :poke: :lol:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Please keep the no-avatar and no-sig policies in place... threads on this forum are so much more readable than on most other forums, simply due to the lack of clutter. :)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
About time buddy! Saves me from bugging you at the GTG next month! I must visit a good 30+ forums all the time (and help run a couple) and have found it so hard to believe the problems with search and even signatures for all the years!

But this a home...and a nice one at that. Look forward to the improvements!

Cheers! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
pete1 said:
Please keep the no-avatar and no-sig policies in place... threads on this forum are so much more readable than on most other forums, simply due to the lack of clutter. :)
Surprisingly enough, I find myself in favor of these two policies as well. Gigantic avatars and images in sigs make every forum that offer them a real chore to read.

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
I think with all the forum hopping we have done over the years, The Greek is getting to be a pro at it! :) I expect this switch to go as smoothly as the last one, which was nearly seamless.

One thing we are looking forward to is an additional forum for previous generation Passats (Quantum and Dasher, too). While they will be lumped together, it will allow us to complete the Passat circle. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Keep up the good work :thumbup: Thanasi and the Mods. I for one appreciate all the work that goes into this Board that goes unnoticed. This a great site and I look forward to it being a greater site. :bow:
PS - Corrected the location as requested :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
atomicalex said:
One thing we are looking forward to is an additional forum for previous generation Passats (Quantum and Dasher, too). While they will be lumped together, it will allow us to complete the Passat circle. :thumbup:
Passat Circle; that has a nice ring to it.

TGH

1 - 20 of 59 Posts