Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was already doing work for a neighbor of mine (installing shocks/springs on his Honda) and I figured since I'm already covered in shit and in the mood for wrenching, I might as well install the TT diverter valve I got along with some new plugs. The old plugs were in ok shape but they had been in there for a lonnnng time I assume. Same deal with the diverter valve. I had noticed some uneasy acceleration under light throttle and sort of sluggish response when the turbo spooled from low RPM's. Well not any more... boost comes on strong around 3k and no more hesitation. The car also seems to idle much smoother with the new plugs, but maybe it's just me (I doubt it tho). I installed the DV 'flipped' in hopes of a different sound than usual... but no dice. I have a K&N panel filter on the way so maybe that'll help... but until then... I need to get back to this kid's suspension. Biggest hassle ever :crazy:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sweet...I had planned on getting those exact things done in a week or so when I take my Passat in for the smog test. Kinda sounds like you had what I currently have, so hopefully I get the same results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.